What is VEOZAH?
VEOZAH is a prescription medicine used to reduce moderate to severe vasomotor symptoms due to menopause.
VEOZAH is not a hormone. Vasomotor symptoms are the feelings of warmth in the face, neck, and chest, or sudden intense feelings of heat and sweating (“hot flashes” or “hot flushes”).
Do not use VEOZAH if you:
• have cirrhosis.
• have severe kidney problems or kidney failure.
• are taking certain medicines called CYP1A2 inhibitors.
Ask your healthcare provider if you are not sure.
Before you use VEOZAH, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
• have liver disease or liver problems.
• have kidney problems.
• have any medical conditions that may become worse while you are using VEOZAH.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
VEOZAH may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how VEOZAH works. Keep a list of your medicines and show it to your healthcare provider and pharmacist when you get a new medicine.
How should I take VEOZAH?
• Take VEOZAH exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to take it.
• Take 1 VEOZAH tablet by mouth with or without food at about the same time each day.
• Swallow the VEOZAH tablet whole with liquid. Do not cut, crush, or chew the tablet.
• If you miss a dose of VEOZAH, take the missed dose as soon as possible on the same day, with at least 12 hours before the next scheduled dose.
Return to your normal schedule the following day.
What are the possible side effects of VEOZAH?
VEOZAH can cause serious side effects, including:
• increased liver blood test values. Your healthcare provider will do a blood test to check your liver before you start taking VEOZAH. Your healthcare provider will also do this blood test at month 3, month 6, and month 9 after you start taking VEOZAH.
Call your healthcare provider right away if you have the following signs and symptoms of liver problems:
• yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice)
• pain in the right upper stomach (abdomen)
Common side effects of VEOZAH include: • stomach (abdominal) pain • diarrhea • difficulty sleeping (insomnia) • back pain • hot flashes or hot flushes